Last year was when I first heard about the fairy forest up in the Uintahs. There is nothing like it and something you need to experience to truly appreciate it! It will forever be included as a must do on our summer bucket list!
Do get there, use the directions found HERE.
1. Head to Kamas, and get on the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway.
2. Look for mile marker 17. There is a little parking lot on the side of the road.
3. Look toward the forest, there will be a path on your right. Walk down that path.
4. You will come to the campground. Cut through the campground and continue on the path.
5. When you come to the dry creek bed, cross it. Be careful because some of the rocks may be loose and there may be a little bit of water as well.
6. After crossing the creek bed, walk up the hill. When you step over a log, take about 5-10 more steps, then head down to your right. You will see the Fairy Forest there.
On a random note: Sookie has decided rain boots are perfect for our mountain, fishing, exploring days. Bonus? They were perfect for walking across the river to the fairies. :)
I have to admit, I cry every time we go. The wonder in Sookie's eyes is priceless. The memorials make my heart catch in midair and inspire me to craft something for my sister. I think it is simply a special place to enjoy with people who are dear to you.
I love that there is no sign on the side of the road to alert you that you are there. That there is no official entrance. Once you cross the river, you simply find yourself in a place that evokes laughter and whimsy. What is better than that, really?
Be safe and have fun when you go! If you've been this year, what were your favorite parts?