We all have them for various reasons that range from car problems, to bigger hurdles like major life changes. A bad day can get the best of you, or you can arm yourself with tools and do your best to turn it around with these quick and easy tips! :)
1. Perspective: Somewhere someone is having a worse day than you are. My go to perspective game changer is always: Do I have a working kidney? Yes! Am I on the waiting list for a life saving organ? No. Okay, I have nothing to complain about. I can conquer whatever it is I'm facing today.
2. Grab a piece of paper and a pen. Write down a quick 5 to 10 item gratitude list. Guaranteed to instantly lift your spirits and turn your day around!
3. Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow is a blank slate. If you simply can't seem to turn your day around, relish in the fact the mornings brings a fresh start to tackle the world again.
4. You're exactly where you are supposed to be in the grand story of it all. Even if this current day is not all you hoped.
5. Find the good no matter how hard you have to look for it.
6. Do you have one or more of the following? Clean water, a roof over your head, people who love you? You're extremely blessed. All three? You're golden.
7. Books offer an instant vacation, even for 10 minutes. Pick one up, start reading, and think about another reality for awhile.
8. A quick walk is also a wonderful way to turn a bad day around. Often, a fast 15 minute journey around the neighborhood is enough to reenergize my body and offer other ways to look at the things that are bothering me.
9. Focus on the beauty of every little thing. The clouds in the sky, the melody of your favorite song, the softness of a sweater. The more you find beauty, the more it will find you.
10. Spend some time with a child. Engage in imaginary play with them, which will enrich their day as well as yours.